What is permanent makeup?
Permanent makeup is a type of tattoo. During the permanent makeup procedure herbal dyes are used, which penetrate the relatively shallow into the epidermis. The dye is introduced 0.3 -0.8 mm into the skin, i.e. to the base layer of the epidermis. This layer is naturally exfoliated over time. Therefore, the permanent makeup becomes lighter and lighter after some time. The effect on the skin lasts for 1 to 2 years, depending on the intensity of the pigment used and the skin type. To keep the effect for longer, permanent makeup procedure must be repeated.
Areas eligible for permanent makeup
- lines on the upper and/or lower eyelid
- lips – procedure not available at MAWAWO
- whole face – BB Glow treatment – procedure not available at MAWAWO
How to prepare for the procedure
Before the procedure you should NOT:
- epilate the area to be treated,
- use strong tonics and creams,
- lubricate the skin in the treatment area excessively,
- take blood thinners.
Recommendations to be observed before permanent makeup on a selected area of the body:
- Before eyebrow make-up procedure– 4 weeks before the surgery, do tint the brows with henna and 2 weeks before the surgery – do not regulate (pluck) the eyebrows. The day before, a gentle exfoliating should be done.
- Before eye make-up procedure – 4 weeks before the treatment do not tint eyelashes with henna. In case your eyes are sensitive, it is recommended to use homeopathic drops or arnica capsules before the treatment. If the Client wears contact lenses, they must remember to remove them on the day of the procedure.
- Before lip make-up procedure – it is worth taking the antiviral, Heviran 800, 3 days beforehand.
24 hours before each permanent makeup procedure you must not sunbathe, drink alcohol or take aspirin. You must not drink coffee on the day of the treatment.
Is permanent makeup painful?
Pain threshold is an individual issue. Before permanent makeup, ointments and anesthetic gels are used to minimize the discomfort.