What is injection lipolysis?
Injection lipolysis is used to remove fat tissue permanently by injecting appropriate agents. It is particularly recommended for small and medium sized fatty acids in “problematic” areas such as the abdomen, outer thighs, knees, shoulders and hips.
What does the lipolysis treatment involve?
Preparation is injected directly into the fatty tissue to be reduced. This substance penetrates through the cell membranes into the fat cells, and when administered in larger quantities it tears down their structure. When it penetrates the cell, it helps break down triglycerides. Then, together with the lipoproteins, it is transported straight to the liver, where the fats are broken down and then expelled from the body.
There is no specific number of treatments needed. It all depends on the thickness of fat tissue in the treated area. After the treatment, the skin is firm and smooth, because the disintegration of cells accumulating fat causes local elimination of cellulite. Clients who chose this treatment usually describe the pain level as medium. In places covered by lipolysis a few days after surgery, temporary redness, swelling, discomfort and slight pain or bruising may occur. In order to accelerate the effects of the treatment it is recommended to perform lymphatic drainage or dermomassage.
The injection lipolysis treatment takes from a few minutes to half an hour. The duration depends on the area undergoing the treatment.
Indications for injection lipolysis treatment
- Double chin
- Localized fatty tissue below ribs, around triceps, knees and armpits
- Excess fat on the abdomen, thighs, hips
- The need to shape the figure! LIPOLYSIS TREATMENT IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR PERSONS WHO ARE OVERWEIGHT OR OBESE!!!
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Active inflammation of the skin, infections
- Allergy to any of the components
- Viral, fungal, bacterial infections
- Excoriation, erosions
- Serious cardiovascular and metabolic disorders
- Reduced blood clotting and taking drugs to reduce blood clotting
- Vitamin A derivatives therapy – 6 months after the end of the treatment
- Predisposition to hypertrophic scars, scarring or pigmentation disorders
- Surgical procedures at the treatment site (up to 3 months)
- Significant obesity (BMI > 35)
- Autoimmune diseases (e.g. SM, psoriasis, albinism)
- Dysmorphophobia, body dysmorphic disorder
What effects can be expected after injection lipolysis?
After the procedure you can expect to lose up to 5 cm in circumference. The exact reduction may depend on the number of treatments performed and the amount of fat tissue.
How long do the effects last?
The effect after the treatment is permanent. For a better effect it is recommended to use lymphatic drainage (e.g. dermassage). This will result in more effective removal of fat from the cells.
What kind of agents we use to make lipolysis?
At Mawawo, we use only certified, original preparations bought from legally operating companies with appropriate permissions. The lipolysis procedure is most often performed using Lipolax and Dermaheal LL.