Carboxytherapy is a procedure involving the injection of medical carbon dioxide with a professional device. At Mawawo, we use one of the most cutting-edge devices, Unique Julie®.
Administering carbon dioxide causes rapid dilatation of blood vessels, increase in blood flow, and thus intensive oxygenation and supply of nutrients. Additionally, carbon dioxide is very effective in breaking down fat deposits, making carboxytherapy one of the most effective and safest methods of fighting cellulite.
Carboxytherapy is a treatment performed in order to:
- Reduction of cellulite and fatty tissue
- Reduction of dark circles under the eyes
- Reduction of scars and stretch marks
- Reduction of fine lines
- Skin biorevitalization
- Skin firming
- Hair follicle strengthening and hair loss reduction
On what parts of the body is carboxytherapy usually performed?
- Abdomen, thighs, buttocks, chin – in order to reduce fat, cellulite, firm up the skin, reduce stretch marks
- Face, neck, cleavage – in order to biorevitalize and reduce wrinkles
- Scalp – to strengthen hair follicles and reduce their loss
How long does the treatment take?
The treatment takes about 30-40 minutes.
Is any preparation needed before the treatment?
No, the treatment does not require additional preparation.
How often should the procedure be repeated:
Carboxytherapy is best performed in a series of 10-15 treatments at 1-2 times a week.
What does skin look like after the treatment?
After the treatment the skin is gently reddened, needle punctures may be a slightly visible. Bruising may appear, although it is rare. What treatments work best combined with carboxytherapy?
Carboxytherapy works best in combination with endodermic massage. Contraindications:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding
- taking anticoagulants
- kidney, lung and heart failure